Georgia is our Digital Marketing Assistant who started with us in June 2019. You'll of seen her work mostly on our emails and homepage! If she's not busy working she's complaining how cold it is or turning down cups of teas because she hates hot drinks!
Meet our team - Georgia, Digital Marketing Assistant
How did you get into this job?
I studied Fashion Promotion at uni and after graduating I got a Christmas temp job at Debenhams (as a product merchandiser) where I worked for just over a year. I then worked at a startup fashion tech company where I did everything from photoshoots to admin, content creation to marketing. I stayed there for 2 years before securing a job at Goose & Gander.
What advice would you give someone who wants to work in fashion?
- Have an online portfolio and show off your talent. If you don’t have much creative experience then come up with your own briefs tailored to the type of sector/job you want to go in. It’s also a great talking point in interviews.
- Get your foot in the door and don’t turn your nose up at experience. It might not be the fanciest internship in the city or a fancy job title but all experience is valuable.
What does your job entail?
- I design all the emails that end up in your inbox such as creating graphics and copy.
- I update the homepage and app with banners, new collections, blogs and customer pics.
- I contribute to our blog page.
- Other general creative jobs have also included: creating colouring pages for your lockdown boredom, coming up with concept ideas for photoshoots and designing one of the leaflets that go with your orders.
What has been your favourite project at Goose & Gander?
Probably the Valentine’s collection because it was our first structured campaign that I was a part of from start to finish. I helped choose the designs we were going to use, be at the photoshoot and even take some pictures and create loads of different graphics for it.
What's your favourite part about working for Goose & Gander?
Being allowed to pursue my ideas and be as creative as I can be. At G&G there are no limitations on creativity and roles - if there’s something I want to try or learn, I can do so.
What are your 3 favourite garms from G&G?
Where did you grow up?
I was born and lived in Derby, England until I was 7 and then moved to Magor, South Wales up until a few months ago where I moved to Bristol! Being an English girl with all Welsh friends has never been much fun when it comes to watching the rugby!
Georgia and her lil dog Oscar
Apart from Oscar, Giraffe's are her favourite animal
What was the last thing you bought?
Some pet stairs so my dog Oscar can get up and down the bed on his own. They're going to be a complete eyesore to my lush newly decorated room but my lil doggies bones have to come first.
What are you currently obsessed with?
Spending all my free time watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.